- Please use the map at the front of the room to find your way to your new seat.
- Once you are at your seat, please take out your homework from last night and have it ready to be picked up.
- Please write the following in your agenda: Enjoy the evening.
- Please leave your agenda and your homework out.
Today, we will be writing based on the prompt below. I have included some guiding questions to help you add elaborations and details to your writing.
Writing Situation: Language is all around us and shapes the way we feel, understand and communicate.
Directions for Writing: Keeping in mind the effects of language, write to explain your feelings on cursing. Describe it, why people do it and your feelings on whether or not they should.
- Why do people curse?
- What constitutes cursing?
- What role do entertainment and the media play in whether or not someone curses?
- Is there a certain age where it is appropriate?
- How do you think society views cursing now vs. in the past?
- How might society’s views on cursing change in the future?
To Get Out
•Save your file with your last name in the file named 1-26-06 in your class’ folder.
•Log off of your computer.
•Clean up your area.
•Wait for Mr. Chase to dismiss you.